“The juice is already there: all you have to do is make it accessible.” With this bold slogan, the successful Swiss technology company now seeks to win over the electric mobility markets in the British Isles. This market entry marks a systematic continuation of Juice's expansion strategy. Christoph Erni, CEO and founder of Juice Technology AG, is staunchly confident: “The electric mobility revolution is an established fact. Making it quick and easy for people to make the switch will take not only stationary charging stations such as the JUICE CHARGER me, but portable wallbox units, too - like our JUICE BOOSTER 2. As an established player in the industry for nearly eight years now, Juice is able to offer skilled expertise and proven Swiss quality.”
Portable wallboxes densify the charging network
The number of public charging stations in the United Kingdom tripled in 2021. Across Great Britain today there are 28,000 public charge points for electric vehicles, 5,100 of which offer DC charging. When you include the charging infrastructure installed in private households and at companies, the nation has almost 250,000 charge points at its disposal. The British government plans to create an additional 145,000 charge points every year, and from 2022 every new or newly renovated building is to be equipped with charge points. The goal is to promote decarbonisation and accelerate the switch to electric vehicles.
In spite of this, establishing comprehensive, broad-scale charging infrastructure will take some time yet. Yet, for a daily recharge good for 30 to 40 km it's not necessary anyway to drive to a public charging station to tank up. Plugging your e-car in at your employer during the day or overnight at home is enough. For one thing, how long you charge isn't relevant in such scenarios, and more frequent, slow AC charging also conserves your battery. Portable wallboxes close gaps in the charging network by enabling you to charge precisely there where your car is parked anyway for certain periods of time. Ever wider use of such units can make the switch to electric mobility faster and more flexible and economical.
The best charging solution is the one close at hand
The JUICE BOOSTER 2 enables safe and reliable charging even from conventional 3-pin household socket outlets. This portable wallbox meets all applicable standards, as confirmed by the independent authorised technical inspection agency TÜV SÜD, who are experienced in electric mobility. This gives customers the certainty that they're using a safe and reliable device. This 3-in-1 charger has numerous safety features such as earth monitoring, a DC residual-current device, and a patented temperature monitoring system installed directly in the plug pins.
Juice places importance on delivering the solutions best fit to meet the needs of its customers. This is why the company offers its broad range of charging solutions - from portable AC and DC chargers and charging accelerators for single-phase charging e-cars to smart, stationary charging stations for customers on both sides of the Irish Sea.
Juice Technology AG enjoys worldwide presence at multiple locations with its own branch offices, subsidiaries and partner companies, and also has a global network of resellers at its disposal. The company's in-house workforce meanwhile numbers 200 employees active in development, production, marketing, sales and logistics. The Juice Group is now expanding to include Juice UK and Ireland Ltd.
Facts about Juice UK and Ireland Ltd
- Countries: Juice Technology is establishing Juice UK and Ireland Ltd as a subsidiary to serve the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
- Team: To get things launched, a four-strong sales team will be based at the company's Paddington headquarters in London.
- JUICE BOOSTER 2: This versatile charging station enables electric cars to charge from any conventional household or industrial socket-outlet anywhere in the world. The charger is equipped for automatic detection of socket input current, is waterproof and dustproof (to protection rating IP 67), and driveover-resistant to wheel loads of up to three tonnes. Mains-end adapters for Type-2 plugs are available. This means that JUICE BOOSTER 2 can also be used at public charging stations, neatly avoiding the need for a separate charging cable. Mounting on a wall, the portable charger takes the place of a stationary wallbox. The JUICE BOOSTER 2 is the world's first portable charging station of the 22-kW performance class to be certified by TÜV SÜD authorised inspection agency to the IEC 62752 first-edition standards of 2016, including Amendment 1 of 2018.
- JUICE CHARGER me: The wallbox comes completely preconfigured and ready for immediate use (as a plug-and-play device). Once connected to the charge socket, the charging station automatically recognises every Plug-and-Charge-enabled vehicle compliant with the ISO 15118 standard, and begins charging immediately. A radio-frequency identification (RFID) reader is integrated for all vehicles that don't yet support the ISO 15118 standard. Each unit comes equipped for locally dynamic charging management for up to 250 charging stations in master-slave operation. The cloud-based infinitely scalable smartJUICE system for omni-dynamic charging and load management is also available. A version fitted with an electricity meter certified to the European Measuring Instruments Directive (MID) is available for operation with charging and load management.
- JUICE FLOW: The rugged, high-quality yet economically priced 6-metre-long Mode-3 charging cable connects any e-car fitted with a Type-2 charge-port connection to any public charging station equipped with a Type-2 socket, enabling safe and reliable three-phase charging at currents of up to 32 amps. The hard-silver-plated contact sheaths can withstand tens of thousands of plugging cycles. In addition, the ribbing inside the sheaths is spiral-milled to optimally protect the individual contact springs against bending. The plug housing, designed with integrated cable strain relief developed by Juice, protects the wiring in the plug interior, thereby ensuring maximum safety, reliability and durability. JUICE FLOW meets all statutory regulations and all safety requirements to IEC standards, and has been tested and approved by TÜV-Rheinland authorised inspection agency.
- JUICE PHASER: With this charging accelerator, single-phase electric cars can recharge almost twice as quickly. The JUICE PHASER enables charging with 25 amps and 5.8 kW (instead of the maximum 3.7 kW allowed to date) - drawing only 16 amps from the grid via each of two phases - without risk of causing any unbalanced loads. Its housing is splashproof-protected and dustproof to ingress protection rating IP65. The JUICE BOOSTER 2 can be connected to the JUICE CONNECTOR on the JUICE PHASER.